Hi! Santiago here.
Has anyone seen the movie The Purge?
Wikipedia describes it as;
The Purge is a 2013 American social science fiction action horror film written and directed by James DeMonaco. It stars Ethan Hawke, Lena Headey, Adelaide Kane and Max Burkholder.
The “New Founding Fathers of America”, which took over following an economic collapse and instituted totalitarian rule, has established one night a year -called “the Purge”- in which all crime is legal and all police, fire and medical emergency services are shut down for 12 hours, from 7 pm till 7 am. The purge has resulted in crime and unemployment rates plummeting to 1% and a strong economy. Although it is thought to be used as an act of catharsis for the U.S. populace, in reality, it is used as a method of artificial population control, as the people living in poor areas are usually the main targets.
Today’s events, and particularly what Tulsa, OK pay-to-play Bates did, caused me to think of The Purge. Words can not express my disgust when looking at the events that led to this tragedy. Sure, Eric Harris was illegally selling firearms to undercover wanna be cop Robert Bates, but the question remains as to how and why a 73-year old business man would be allowed to participate in undercover sting operations such as this. Read the rest of this entry
Ferguson Police Department Officer, and State Representative are Two Behind Donation Site for Darren Wilson
LA Times reports that two GoFundMe pages were setup to receive money for Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson. Darren Wilson was identified by the Ferguson Chief of Police as the officer who killed 18-year old Michael Brown in Ferguson, MO on August 9, 2014.
The two separate pages were titled “Support Officer Darren Wilson” that raised $235,750, and “Support Officer Wilson” that raised $197,620.
Because of racially offensive remarks in the comment section of one of the pages, Gofundme removed them.
On Saturday, August 30, 2014, both donation pages stopped taking donations around the same time. The pages’ organizers did not explain why. Kelsea Little, a spokesperson for GoFundMe, stated that the pages were not shutdown by GoFundMe. A Facebook Page titled “Support Officer Wilson” posted that lawyers were working on a solution as to why the GoFundMe page was shut down. Thus, there is controversy about how and why the pages were taken down. Read the rest of this entry
Mark and Sondra Osterman have written a book where they refer to George Zimmerman as the most hated man in America.
Hated? Maybe by some. Some people think he is the most shameful man in America. Nevertheless, those who probably dislike George Zimmerman or think that he is shameful might be;
1. Responsible gun owners
2. Responsible patients with ADHD.
3. Responsible neighborhood watch volunteers.
4. People that don’t lie to the court.
5. People who tell the truth when under oath.
6. People who don’t wear band aids intended for fingers between their eyes.
7. People who don’t put band aids intended for fingers on their head.
8. People who don’t put band aids on anything after the physician’s assistant examined them, told them to apply soap and water and didn’t apply bandages.
9. People who don’t abandon their jobs and homes within 24 hrs of exercising self-defense when they are innocent.
10. People who donate money for specific use who are betrayed by having the money used to buy expensive cell phones, ITune purchases, and to pay off past-due debts.
11. Dog owners with a neighbor who buys a gun to kill dogs.
12. People who like walking in the rain.
13. The criminally accused who wear GPS ankle bracelets while free on bail and don’t whine about not being able to leave the state where they reside.
14. Parents of teenage boys who walk to the store and can’t walk home without a grown man assuming they are “suspicious.”
15. Parents who don’t want grown men following their children.
16. Teachers who issue discipline who don’t want to be afraid that doing so labels their students as “thugs.”
17. Teenagers who don’t want to be labeled “thugs” because they wear hoodies.
18. People who don’t like seeing George Zimmerman smirk when saying he’s the only witness to the killing of Trayvon Martin.
19. People who know that shooting a gun with one hand can result in recoil that might hit you in the nose.
20. People who don’t like others firing a gun in their backyard.
21. People who would never jump on the back of a person they just fired a gun at, and who they are afraid of.
22. People who say “Let the court decide” and shut up, rather than write a book and/or go on television and radio giving the defendant’s story before the court decides.
23. People who don’t like bullies and cowards.
24. People who can’t stand killers who get on national television and say “It wasn’t my gun. It wasn’t his gun. It was THE gun.”
The Associated Press released information that former neighborhood watch leader George Zimmerman (GZ) wants to use the school records of Trayvon Martin as part of his defense strategy. Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, has sent subpoenas to the schools attended by 17-year Trayvon Martin. The subpoenas request disciplinary notices, suspension notices and tardiness records, among other things. O’Mara submitted 4 subpoenas, making it reasonable to believe that he wants Trayvon’s school records since Trayvon entered kindergarten.
I’ve read some comments from GZ fans, and they are so on the wrong track assuming how Trayvon’s school records can be used to support that Trayvon was a “thug.” For those who want to know how O’Mara can or cannot use Trayvon’s school records, Frederick Leatherman’s Law Blog has dedicated a page to the subject. Zimmerman: What Kind of Character Evidence will be Admissible at Trial?
Among comments on the internet by some GZ fans, they are angry that GZ’s school records were accidentally released to the public. They demanded that Trayvon’s school records be released as a tit-for-tat strategy. You see, with GZ’s fans, each time information is released to the public about GZ that is not favorable or is questionable, his fans develop a lie about Trayvon Martin. Then, they pressure GZ’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, to find evidence for their lies.
For instance, by his own admission, GZ is ADHD and takes meds for it as well as for anxiety. His fans countered with lies that Trayvon makes “lean” or “Purple Drink.” After someone discussed on the internet that GZ may have attended AA meetings with Joe Oliver, GZ’s fans countered with a lie that Trayvon was a drug dealer. After Witness 9’s statement was released to the public, GZ’s fans attacked Trayvon’s father, Tracy Martin, painting him as a man with numerous wives, ex-wives, and girlfriends.
Although I do not believe that Trayvon’s school records contain anything that will disparage his character, that doesn’t mean that O’Mara cannot try. In GZ’s second bond hearing, O’Mara attempted a backdoor effort to have GZ address the judge without the State cross-examining him. Thus, there is good reason to suspect that O’Mara will attempt to interpret Trayvon’s suspension from school in his defense for why GZ killed him.
If O’Mara makes any attempt to go beyond physical and forensic evidence, and throws mud at Trayvon Martin, he will convey a powerful message to America’s parents and youth. That message is that anyone can kill children on the street and claim self-defense, and in disregard of physical and forensic evidence, the child’s suspension from school qualifies him or her as a “thug” who deserves to be killed.
Any effort to assassinate Trayvon Martin’s character might infuriate the majority of Americans. America’s citizens include parents and children. Remember how America reacted when Timothy McVeigh referred to the 19 children killed in the bombing of the federal building in Oklahoma City as “collateral damage”? Oh yes, I know. GZ says he killed an unarmed 17 yr old 11th grader in self-defense. If that is true, then physical and forensic evidence should support his story without attempting to conduct character assassination of a 17 yr old. Using any other strategy demonstrates to parents and teens that private citizens can profile, chase, and kill children, and consider them as mere collateral damage in any private citizen’s war on crime.
GZ’s fans are totally elated with O’Mara submitting the subpoenas. He is doing what they want, but not because GZ’s fans are actual supporters. GZ’s fans do not like and support George Zimmerman the person. To the best of public knowledge, not one fan of George Zimmerman, the person, has provided him with free housing in Seminole County. Not one fan of George Zimmerman, the person, has offered him a job that he can perform from home. His fans have another agenda, and it does involve racial superiority.
A sample of comments about donating to GZ’s defense fund provides further support that they are more concerned about an agenda than they are concerned with George Zimmerman, the person. Remember when GZ re-activated his website in effort to increase donations? Comments posted on a Pro Zimmerman website on that subject by GZ fans include:
- “Until I see strong evidence that MOM will vigorously defend George to the best of his ability,I will not be asking anyone to donate.”
The reply to that comment confirms that what they mean by “vigorously defend” is not what O’Mara does in the case, but rather who he is not attacking or defending in the media.
- “Yeah, and I’m sure tomorrow O’Mara will take to the airwaves and talk about the nightmares the entire Zimmerman family has been thrown into. The SOB made public statements about the terrible loss for the Martin family, but has never yet, to this day, ever even attempted to address what his clients family has been put through. Has O’Mara ever addressed the New Black Panther bounty? …. The answer is NO. …What has he ever done to fight against that, other than to say the sentiments are high and we just have to wait for it all to calm down. … Please stop with the “big secret plan” that O’Mara is engineering. He isn’t doing bupkis for his client and he knows it.”
Do you get the impression that unless GZ’s fans are calling the shots, that they won’t donate money to his defense fund? I get that impression. Do you get the impression that if they do donate to GZ’s defense fund, that they hold the premise that they own O’Mara? I get that impression. Do you also get the impression that they believe they have superior knowledge as to how O’Mara should proceed in representing GZ? I get that impression.
I am sure you remember paragraph “g” of the July 5, 2012 order of the court that sets forth;
“The Defendant shall not open or maintain a bank account.”
The following comments (from the same Pro Zimmerman website) demonstrate how GZ’s fans seek to circumvent that order of the court.
- “I think GZ should open his own account again, but maybe that is wrong thinking? I’d feel much better giving to his defense and living expense fund if it were going directly to him and not O’Mara. I was going to resume giving when he opened up his website again, but for some reason I cannot bring myself to do it. I may give in eventually, but right now I just can’t do it. I happily give to Robert & Gladys. Are any of you feeling the same or am I just being unreasonably cautious?
- “Just give to his parents and tell them you want it to go to GZ personal expenses.”
- “If my read on Robert and Gladys is correct, they are a family that takes take of all of their own, which would include George if the other website donation accounts dry up. NO? “
- “Any monies donated through the website go directly to Robert Zimmerman, Sr. It is a fund completely separate and apart from the GZ Legal Defense Fund, and all gifts made through the http://robertandgladys.com website link are disbursed at the sole discretion of Robert and Gladys Zimmerman.”
With O’Mara providing money to GZ for his living expenses, why would GZ need unknown amounts of cash in his pocket? GZ’s fans are not supporting him in their effort to circumvent the order of the court and the court’s reason for paragraph “g.” Rather, they are calling the shots and if by chance GZ gets in trouble for it, then it’s the “system” that’s corrupt because in their minds, GZ should had never been charged.
Not only does GZ’s fans disrespect the deceased and his parents, they disrespect the court and appear to think of O’Mara as nothing more than their messenger boy. IMO, he will make a grave mistake if he puts Trayvon on trial. It will present Trayvon Martin’s death as collateral damage in GZ’s personal war on crime. It will put all parents on notice that their children had better be perfect in school, and submit to adult men following them, or they can be shot dead in their neighbor’s backyard.