Open Discussion June 6, 2017
Friends, visitors, caterpillars, moths, butterflies, and a certain roach,
Sunday evening, a bug hit my household. Even the dog vomited. Although I’m feeling better now, my appetite has not returned and I’m still weak. This open discussion is because there are two trials currently taking place, and I’m not sure if I can keep up with separate posts about other news.
- I knew jury selection was taking place for two trials; that of Jeronimo Yanez for the shooting death of Philando Castile. Yanez is charged with second-degree manslaugher. Jury selection is underway for Ray Tensing’s retrial, who is charged with the shooting death of Samuel Dubose. The jury deadlocked at Tensing’s first trial, which we followed at this link.
Yanez’s trial is not livestreamed. Tensing’s trial is scheduled to be livestreamed. I will publish separate posts to follow each trial.
- Things are happening in Washington, D.C. with the anticipated testimony of former FBI Director James Comey before the Senate. President Trump derided the Justice Department for their handling of the travel ban case.
- Trial for Bill Cosby is also underway.
- Funeral arrangements are taking place after the terrorist attacks in Manchester and London, U.K. Let’s keep their family and love ones close to our hearts. More than 130 imams from Britain are refusing to offer Islamic burials to the 3 men who launched the attacks on Saturday.
- Remember the fire in Oakland, California that killed three dozen people? Derick Almena and Max Harris have been arrested, Two have been arrested, charged with 36 counts of felony involuntary manslaughter.
What’s on your mind?