Versatile Blogger Award and Blue Sky Tag
Thanks to my dear friends for this humbling honor. I also want to take this opportunity to thank followers, visitors, and participants.
We Hold These Truths To Be Self-Evident has been nominated for Versatile Blogger previously, so I’m not repeating the Rules here, which are similar to the Blue Sky Tag.
The Rules for the Blue Sky Tag are:
- Ask 11 questions.
- Tag 11 people.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
I’m going to answer the questions and pose the same questions to those nominated.
- If you could live the life of someone else for one day would you choose a pauper or princess to swap places with?
If the princess has decision-making authority to help others, I would choose swapping places with the princess.
- Favourite way to relax?
It all depends. It changes depending on what I want to relax from. At times I relax by watching a good movie. Other times, I relax by sitting outside on the deck enjoying watching nature. I also find relaxation in reading or writing or talking with a friend.
- Cat or dog?
Dog. Big dog. Paws that sound like a horse walking through the house.
- Most embarrassing moment ever?
When the hook on my skirt above the zipper came unloose. My skirt fell while I was giving a talk at a Rotary club.
- Happiest memory?
Too many to pick just one.
- Do you listen to music for background or pleasure?
Both. I like playing music in the background when I’m cooking.
- Favourite piece of music or song?
Too many to pick just one.
- If money were no object would you work or live a life of pleasure and leisure? Why?
I would work, even if it was volunteering as I’ve done since retiring. Why? Because with my needs met, I feel it’s the right thing to do to help out not-for-profit organizations that help others.
- If you were to win millions on the lottery draw one week what would be your biggest purchase and why would you buy that?
I think I would buy a motel and register it with the Red Cross or other agency that helps people with temporary housing after a natural disaster or fire, or to handle the overflow of homeless shelters.
- If someone came up to you and said you could have anything your heart desired but only for 24 hours what would you choose and why?
No death anywhere on earth of any living thing, because life is a precious gift.
- What is your favourite food and where did you have it for the first time?
I don’t actually have a favorite, although I’m more of a salad person and am pretty sure that the first time I experienced a favorite food was something cooked by my mom.
My nominees have been randomly chosen from My Community. They are;