In Memoriam: Remembering Those Who Transitioned In 2016
Oh how I wish I had the gift and power of resurrection.
Looking back at the year that was and remembering the long list of people that were famous, known nationally, and recognized; 2016 saw the deaths of an unusually long list of political titans and sports icons, famous musicians and Hollywood greats. There was the boxer nicknamed The Greatest, the musician known as Prince, the revolutionary leader Fidel Castro.
– Muhammad Ali, the heavyweight boxing champion who transformed himself into a global hero, died June 3 at 74. Ali, who fought a high-profile battle with Parkinson’s disease, died of septic shock.
– George Michael musician, front man for the group Wham.
– Natalie Cole, musician, daughter of the great Nat King Cole.
– Maurice White, songwriter, producer and founder of Earth, Wind, and Fire.
– The death of Fidel Castro, the cigar-chomping despot who ruled Communist Cuba for nearly half a century, sent shock waves around the world. Castro died Nov…
View original post 1,015 more words