Real Neat Blog Award
Dearkitty has nominated Blackbutterfly7, We Hold These Truths To Be Self-Evident, for the Real Neat Blog Award. I am grateful and humbled by this nomination. Dear Kitty is a real neat blogger, real neat person, and real creative person. In creating the award, Dear Kitty wrote:
“Late in 2014, I made this new award: the Real Neat Blog Award. There are so many bloggers whose blogs deserve more attention. So, I will try to do something about that 🙂
It is the first award that I ever made. I did some computer graphics years ago, before I started blogging; but my computer drawing had become rusty 🙂
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)”
Dear Kitty asked the following seven questions;
- Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Answer: The United States
- What is your favourite sport?
Answer: It was boxing until they separated into numerous divisions. Otherwise, I am not a sports fan.
- What has been a special moment for you so far in 2015?
Answer: When I heard my niece announce that she and her partner are getting married.
- What is your favourite quote?
Answer: “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.” Jim Hendrix
- What was your favourite class when still at school?
- Anything you had wished to have learned earlier?
Answer: No. I think that everything I learned in life came at just the right time as it was necessary so I would retain what I learned.
- What musical instrument have you tried to play?
Answer: I tried playing guitar but do play violin and some keyboard.
First, I want to thank Dear Kitty for the nomination. Next, I want to thank our subscribed followers. I follow many blogs and wish that I had time to follow more. There are also blogs that I do not subscribe to follow, but I visit when I can. I have lots of catching up to do visiting blogs so please forgive me if I’ve not been around lately to wave “Hi” by clicking like or posting a comment.
A special thanks to those who participate here. You are my motivation.
My nominees for the Real Neat Blog Award are:
Deborah Bryan. The Monster In Your Closet
Mark Aldrich. The gad about town.
A Word About Award Nominations
I love our Word Press family, admire their creativity designing awards, love their blogs and honor peer acknowledgements. Nominating other blogs has become very time consuming because as I go about deciding on nominations, I find that some blogs do not have an “About” page to announce the nomination. Other blogs are now a “no award blog” for various reasons. Still yet, some blogs are using Word Press Themes that do not have borders to display awards.
I have a suggestion; that you have no reservation about asking — if I have not nominated you and you want the award, just ask. I’ve found myself mostly nominating the same bloggers because I’m familiar with their blogs and know that they display the award and pay it forward. They deserve it, but there are so many bloggers that deserve these peer-to-peer awards, and I just don’t have time to visit all of you. Do not be ashamed to ask.
How To Display The Award
For those needing help on how to display awards on your blog, here are instructions.
- You will first need to click on the award and save it to your computer.
- Go to the Admin side of your blog and upload the award to your media file. Copy the URL for where the award is saved in the media file.
- Go under “Appearance” then “Image” and select “Image.” There should be prompts asking if you want to display the image on the right, left, top or bottom border. It’s your choice where you want to display the award.
- Paste the URL in the appropriate line in the “Image”box. You can also drag that “Image” box to where you want it to appear on the border of your blog. Click “save.” You can then go to your blog and see how it looks.
If anyone else has instructions or suggestions for displaying awards, please post them in the comment section below. Thanks.