Open Discussion – May 20 2015
Hi! Santiago here. As announced last week, I will be doing a weekly open discussion thread. Share whatever is on your mind, current or past events. Keep in mind not everything has to be news related here, talk about your week or your plans for the weekend or any suggestions you may have for the blog.
A big thanks to participants and subscribed followers.
- This last week has been filled with some interesting stories. Zimmerman is back in the news again and it appears he is once again the “victim”. Apparently George has followed through in pressing charges against Apperson.
My personal thoughts, is anybody allowed to stand their ground with this clown? I think the only thing that’s going to come of this is a waste of tax payer dollars, but it will be fun to watch George take the stand if he really intends on this going through…
It is funny to see some Dunn supporters stand up for George in this regard. Apperson thought he saw George waive his gun. Dunn swore up and down Jordan had a gun… even though no gun was ever found in the SUV that Dunn shot up. George on the other hand, did indeed have his gun. But, it’s funny to sit back and watch the hypocrisy flow from the nutters.
- Waco presented us a 5 biker gang brawl that ended up with a shoot out leaving 9 dead and more than 170 arrest. In fact, it turns out one of those arrested is a retired detective. So let me get this straight — cops retire to become bad guys! What’s going on here? I wonder if throughout the investigation if we will learn that this former Detective did certain favors for his “Club”?
Still gets me that basically these criminals were told to just have a seat and wait until someone comes over to cuff them as if there was some sort of honor system.
- Visitation for B.B. King will be on Friday. R.I.P.
- No charges for the officer who shot Vonderitt Myers, while another officer, Matt Kenny, who shot another unarmed teen wants his job back. Can we please start to see some sort of change, and I am not talking about what brand of coffee we are drinking everyday either.
- Marilyn Mosby seeks gag order in the Baltimore six case, and rightfully so. It’s obvious that police unions and their attorneys have been using the media to sway public opinion. I am glad this prosecutor is not having any of their nonsense. I firmly believe that the justice system should work the same way it does when any other citizens are charged and not this special treatment and help that officers gone wild tend to get when they break the law.
NEW VIDEO IN THE DEATH OF FREDDIE GRAY
The Baltimore Sun did some investigative work in the death of Freddie Gray. Turns out that the police removed a surveillance video. The Sun recovered it. It shows one of the van stops, and that police shackled Freddie and threw him into the van head first.
Let me just add this — those who are out there throwing up that police lives matter — nobody says their lives don’t matter, but I can tell you the difference between you and I… the difference is I have never supported someone who has been arrested and charged for homicide. So much for your respecting the law nonsense that you claim to do.
Any stories out there you wanna discuss or share, please feel free to comment.
Posted on 05/20/2015, in open discussion, Uncategorized and tagged B.B. King visitation, bikers, Freddie Gray, George Zimmerman, Marilyn Mosby, Matthew Apperson, new video, Vonderitt Myers, Waco. Bookmark the permalink. 84 Comments.