Boston Marathon Bombing Victim Sues Glenn Beck for Defamation

Originally posted on The Fifth Column:

Image: Commentator Glenn Beck arrives at the 45th Country Music Association Awards in Nashville in this file photo

Commentator Glenn Beck arrives at the 45th Country Music Association Awards in Nashville, Tennessee in this file photo from November 9, 2011.

NBC News

A Saudi Arabian national who was injured in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings has filed a defamation and slander lawsuit against firebrand conservative commentator Glenn Beck for publicly accusing him of being the “money man” who funded the horrific attacks.

Abdulrahman Alharbi, a 20-year-old exchange student who lives in Revere, Mass., said in a lawsuit filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Boston that his reputation was “substantially and severely damaged” after Beck made on-air comments tying him to the twin explosions that killed three people and injured more than 260.

The lawsuit also names as defendants the broadcast companies linked to Beck’s show: The Blaze, Inc., Mercury Radio Arts, Inc., and Premiere Radio Networks, Inc. It seeks a jury trial and unspecified damages.

Alharbi said…

View original 184 more words

Posted on 04/08/2014, in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. 3 Comments.

  1. I’ve been reading about this! I hope he bankrupts these a-holes!!!

  2. I read about that last week and I hope he gets him for everything he has. I feel pretty much about the same regarding Glenn Blechhhh as I do Z. The same disdain and disgust. My son lives in the town where Blechhhh is from.

  3. I wonder if Mr. Beck even tried to apologize to Mr. Alharbi, I suspect not. I hope he is successful in the lawsuit.

    Reading the article, it also said that Mr. Alharbi’s apartment was searched by the FBI, I wonder how many other victim’s apartments were searched by the FBI or did they just single out his due to his nationality.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 382 other followers

%d bloggers like this: